- Hiring new staff: Increasing human resource capacity at the port (nurses, environmental health officers) to increase surveillance capacity at ports of entry.
- They considered to have MD, RN students, but it did not materialize.
- Saint Lucia called for volunteers to work in the COVID-19 Hotline (311). They were trained on general information so they could assist the public.
- They received support from the private sector, specifically communication companies that provided mobile phones to physicians who volunteered for tele-triage.
- Private physicians joined the team to work in the public health facilities.
- Cuba-Saint Lucia Bilateral Agreement: 113 Cuban doctors and nurses, biomedical engineers and epidemiologists: 100 nurses, 6 GPs, 3 internists, 2 biomedical engineers, 1 epidemiologist.