The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR GETI), the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC), and the World Health Organization (WHO), have come together to provide training online exclusive for local authorities, planners and professionals on "Build Back Better: Leveraging South" Cooperative Planning South and Risk Reduction for Resilient and Healthy Cities in the post-COVID-19 era.
The training will take place on June 8, 15, 22 and 29, 2021, with a total of four sessions, with an evaluation at the end of the course and a post-course survey. It will also have simultaneous translation in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Dates and hours
- June 8, 15, 22 and 29, 2021 (Tuesday)
- 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (New York)
This training serves as an introductory training for urban leaders, planners and practitioners, aiming to:
- Increase the understanding and capacities in disaster and risk reduction, for effective and equitable public health emergency response, and South-South cooperation;
- Better prepare stakeholders for re-opening cities following the COVID-19 pandemic and better prepare for future crises - especially health emergencies;
- Facilitate city-to-city partnerships in South-South and triangular cooperation (SSTC) towards sustainable development.
Agenda and concept note